Pear and berry cobbler
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
1 hr (Hands-on time: 30 mins, Cooking time: 30 mins)
$3.81 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 750g Beurre Bosc pears, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 300g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 500g strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat table spread
- 1/2 cup Splenda (sweetener)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 4 tablespoons flaked almonds
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven 160°C. Lightly spray a 6 cup-capacity baking dish with oil.
Step 2 Place pears, Splenda and 1/4 cup cold water into a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until pears are tender. Stir through raspberries and strawberries, then transfer to baking dish.
Step 3 Place flour and cinnamon into a medium bowl. Using fingertips, rub in spread until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in Splenda, then egg and milk and mix lightly to form a soft dough. Gently spoon tablespoons of batter over fruit mixture. Scatter flaked almonds over dough. Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until top is golden and cooked through.
- Use fresh raspberries when in season if desired.
- Try replacing almonds with walnuts.
About this recipe
First published: June 2011