Cheesy cauliflower and broccoli bake
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins)
$1.89 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1/2 large head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 6 cups)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat table spread
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 600ml skim milk
- 3/4 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- cooking oil spray
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Steam cauliflower and broccoli until tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
Step 2 Meanwhile, melt spread in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon for 2–3 minutes. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly. Allow sauce to simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and gradually stir in cheese and green onions.
Step 3 Pour sauce over vegies and stir to combine. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes, until lightly golden.
About this recipe
First published: June 2011