Apple and raspberry crumble
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
55 mins (Hands-on time: 30 mins, Cooking time: 25 mins)
$2.69 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4–6 large apples, peeled, cored, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups frozen raspberries (or mixed berries)
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat dairy-free table spread
- 6 tablespoons gluten-free plain flour
- 5 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons LSA (ground linseed, sunflower, almond) or gluten-free muesli
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat and add apples, syrup, cinnamon stick and 1/4 cup water. Simmer gently until apples are soft but still hold their shape (about 6–8 minutes). Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Pour mixture into a 6-cup baking dish and stir through raspberries.
Step 2 In a bowl, mix together remaining ingredients using your hands. Make sure table spread is thoroughly mixed throughout. Scatter over fruit. Bake for 25 minutes, until topping is golden and crispy.
Recipe adapted from Bridging Foods by Sally Scott and Nicole Sjardin, published by Fremantle Press.
About this recipe
First published: June 2011