Jacket potatoes with chilli beef
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
1 hr 20 mins (Hands-on time: 20 mins, Cooking time: 60 mins)
$3.76 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 800g (4 large) potatoes
- cooking oil spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 250g extra-lean beef mince
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 cup no-added-salt red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1/3 cup extra-light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- mixed green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Wrap potatoes in foil and pierce a few times with a fork. Bake for 30 minutes. Carefully remove foil and bake for a further 30 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil. Cook onion for 5 minutes over medium heat, until soft. Add mince and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned. Add spices and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in kidney beans and heat through for a few minutes.
Step 3 Slice potatoes in half and spoon over chilli beef. Top with sour cream, sprinkle with coriander and serve with salad.
About this recipe
First published: July 2011