Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 20 mins)
$2.43 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 400g spaghetti, broken
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 carrots, peeled, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup 50% reduced-fat grated cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- mixed green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions. Drain.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil. Gently sauté celery and carrot over medium heat. Cover and cook for 2–3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
Step 3 Spray frying pan with a little more oil and brown mince in two batches, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Return vegies to pan, along with tomatoes. Stir over high heat for 5 minutes.
Step 4 Spray a lasagne dish with oil. Place pasta in dish and pour over bolognese sauce. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Serve with salad.
- Replace the mince with lean sausages (or brown lentils for vegetarians).
- Use tins of flavoured tomatoes for a richer dish.
About this recipe
First published: July 2011