Sticky chicken legs
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 25 mins
$5.51 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 (150g total) skinless chicken ‘lovely legs’
- 1/2 x 250g packet microwaveable brown rice
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, sliced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve a small amount of marinade to serve with rice, if desired. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and marinate for 10 minutes. Transfer to baking tray and cook for 25 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
Step 2 Meanwhile, steam bok choy for 2–3 minutes. Drain. Cook rice according to packet instructions. Serve chicken with rice and bok choy.
You can find 'lovely legs' in most supermarkets. They have the skin and part of the bone removed. If unavailable, use chicken drumsticks, just be sure to remove the skin first.
About this recipe
First published: January 2011