Red Thai chicken and vegetable curry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
50 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 35 mins
$4.19 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 480g chicken breast fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 200g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 227g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 4 cups cooked rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, until soft. Transfer to a medium saucepan.
Step 2 Spray frying pan with a little more oil. Add chicken and brown over high heat until golden. Add curry paste and stir. Transfer chicken to saucepan. Add 1/2 cup water to frying pan and stir into remaining brown bits. Transfer to saucepan.
Step 3 Add pumpkin to the saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 10–15 minutes, until pumpkin is tender and chicken cooked. Add green beans and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until just tender. Add cherry tomatoes, water chestnuts and coconut milk and cook for a further 3 minutes, or until hot. Scatter with coriander and serve with rice.
Use yellow curry paste instead of red for a less spicy dish.
About this recipe
First published: January 2011