Tuna quinoa salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 15 mins
$4.36 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 250g quinoa
- 6 cups diced vegetables (we used cucumber, snow peas, sugar snap peas, capsicum and red onion)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, broken into chunks
- 100g green olives, pitted
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place quinoa in a saucepan with 600ml water and bring to the boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer until water is absorbed (about 15 minutes). Cool slightly.
Step 2 Steam snow peas or sugar snap peas, if using.
Step 3 Mix juice, oil, seasoning and parsley. Add to quinoa with tuna, vegies and olives. Toss well.
Swap the tuna for thinly sliced steak, the lemon juice for lime juice and the parsley for coriander. Omit olives.
About this recipe
First published: February 2011