Tasty Chinese chicken with peanuts
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 15-20 mins
$3.97 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- cooking oil spray
- 1 white onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 small red capsicums, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts, to garnish
- 4 cups steamed rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place soy sauce into a bowl with the sesame oil and cornflour. Add chicken and toss until evenly coated, then set aside to marinate for 10 minutes. Combine extra soy sauce and Chinese rice wine in a small bowl; set aside.
Step 2 Spray a large wok with oil and place over a high heat. Add chicken in batches and stir fry for 3–5 minutes, until golden, and cooked through. Then remove from heat and set aside.
Step 3 Return wok to high heat and spray with a little more oil. Add onion, chilli and garlic and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until golden. Add celery and capsicum; stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Return chicken to wok with the reserved sauce and simmer for 1–2 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with peanuts and serve with steamed rice.
About this recipe
First published: February 2011