Chicken korma pasta
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 15 mins
$4.32 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 200g penne
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- cooking oil spray
- 2 tablespoons korma paste
- 400g chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic and herbs
- 1 cup light evaporated milk
- 1 bunch asparagus, steamed
- 4 cups snow peas, steamed
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook pasta according to packet instructions until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and cook onion for 3–4 minutes over high heat, until softened. Add korma paste and cook for a few more minutes.
Step 3 Add chicken and cook for 4–5 minutes. Add tomatoes and evaporated milk; reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
Step 4 Add pasta to pan and toss to coat. Serve with steamed asparagus and snow peas.
Omit the asparagus and snowpeas – instead, add frozen peas, carrots and broccoli to pasta in last few minutes of cooking.
About this recipe
First published: February 2011