Full ingredients list:
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 6 large tomatoes, chopped
- 600g peeled medium green prawns, deveined
- 50g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 slices gluten-free toast
- 8 cups mixed green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a wok with oil and place over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic and chilli for 5 minutes, or until softened.
Step 2 Add tomatoes and 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, until sauce thickens.
Step 3 Add prawns. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until just cooked through. Sprinkle prawn mixture with feta and parsley, then serve with salad and bread.
- Replace the prawns with cooked, shredded chicken.
- You can boost the flavour even further by adding 1 teaspoon oregano and 1/2 cup sliced, pitted olives.
About this recipe
First published: December 2011