Lemon chicken with quinoa salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$6.30 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 2 bunches asparagus, steamed
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine 2 cups water and quinoa in a saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12–15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
Step 2 Meanwhile, combine chicken, garlic, half the lemon juice and 1/2 cup parsley. Spray a chargrill pan with oil and cook chicken over high heat for 5–7 minutes, or until cooked through.
Step 3 Add tomatoes, cucumber, remaining juice and parsley to quinoa. Toss to combine. Serve with chicken and asparagus.
- Chargrill slices of gluten-free Mountain Bread for 2–3 minutes to serve with chicken.
- Try replacing chicken with white fish fillets or prawns.
About this recipe
First published: December 2011