Italian sausage and mixed bean salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.49 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup hot reduced-salt beef stock
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- cooking oil spray
- 4 lean Peppercorn Italian sausages, sliced in 2cm slices
- 2 large red capsicums, sliced
- 2 large green capsicums, sliced
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons low-fat balsamic dressing
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place couscous and stock into a bowl, cover and set aside.
Step 2 Place a large frying pan over medium heat. Add walnuts and toast lightly for 2 minutes (watch carefully as they burn quickly). Remove from pan and set aside.
Step 3 Spray pan with oil. Add sausages and cook for 1 minute. Add capsicum and stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until tender. Meanwhile, steam green and butter beans for 2 minutes, then add to pan. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
Step 4 Fluff couscous with a fork. Combine couscous with beans, sausage mixture and dressing. Sprinkle with walnuts.
About this recipe
First published: December 2011