Haloumi, rocket and chickpea salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.06 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 300g green beans, blanched
- 1 1/2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 250g packet shredded fresh vegetable mix
- 1/4 cup 99% fat-free gluten-free dressing (e.g. Praise 99% fat-free Italian)
- 4 pieces gluten-free mountain bread, cut into large wedges
- 120g haloumi, thinly sliced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place beans, chickpeas, rocket, vegetable mix and dressing into a large bowl. Toss to combine.
Step 2 Spray a frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Cook bread for 2 minutes on each side, until crisp. Cook haloumi for 2 minutes on each side, until golden. Top salad with haloumi and serve with bread.
- Swap the chickpeas for kidney or borlotti beans.
- Add cherry tomato, toasted pine nuts and chopped fresh basil.
- Swap the dressing for olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
This recipe is not suitable for those following a no-added-salt diet.
About this recipe
First published: December 2011