Garlic prawns with cucumber and potato salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins (Hands-on time: 20 mins, Cooking time: 25 mins)
$7.42 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 600g small red potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 24 uncooked medium king prawns, peeled, tail on,deveined
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup 97% fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced into rounds
- cooking oil spray
- 8 cups green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Boil potatoes for 15–20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool. Once cooled, chop into large chunks and transfer to a large bowl.
Step 2 Meanwhile, toss together garlic, prawns and oregano.
Step 3 In a bowl, whisk together yoghurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, dill and freshly ground black pepper. Pour half the dressing over potatoes. Add onion and cucumber. Toss to combine.
Step 4 Spray a chargrill pan with oil and place over high heat. Cook prawns, turning, until just cooked. Serve with potato salad, green salad and remaining dressing.
About this recipe
First published: December 2011