Festive roast vegies
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
1 hr 20 mins (Hands-on time: 20 mins, Cooking time: 60 mins)
$1.11 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 700g new potatoes, halved
- 350g sweet potato, peeled, cut into chunks
- 300g baby beetroot, trimmed
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 heads garlic, broken into cloves
- 4 sprigs rosemary or thyme
- 3–4 bay leaves
- cooking oil spray
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup pitted olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Boil potato and sweet potato for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place beetroot into a separate saucepan and boil for 5 minutes.
Step 2 Drain vegies and arrange on a large lined baking tray with onion and garlic cloves. Scatter over herb sprigs and bay leaves. Spray with oil and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Step 3 Roast for 1 hour, turning several times during cooking, until potatoes are golden. Add olives in the last 20 minutes of cooking time. Garnish with chopped herbs before serving.
About this recipe
First published: December 2011