Couscous, vegetable and egg salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$2.82 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed
- 4 cups chopped or grated vegetables (we used snow peas, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber and red onion)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 tablespoon dukkah
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place couscous into a bowl and pour over 1 cup boiling water. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork.
Step 2 Mix lemon zest and juice, oil, garlic, seasoning and coriander in a small bowl. Stir into couscous, then add chickpeas and vegies. Top with eggs and sprinkle with dukkah before serving.
About this recipe
First published: December 2011