Honey and thyme-roasted chicken with couscous
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, plus at least 30 mins marinating
$4.15 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus 2 teaspoons extra
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons extra
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup couscous
- cooking oil spray
- 300g broccoli, cut into florets
- 300g green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), lightly toasted
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Mix garlic, honey, thyme and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a non-metallic bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 180°C.
Step 2 Place couscous into a bowl with 1 cup boiling water. Cover and set aside for a few minutes.
Step 3 Spray a large frying pan with oil and sear chicken over high heat for 1–2 minutes on each side, until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and cook for 8–10 minutes, until cooked through.
Step 4 Meanwhile, blanch vegies until bright green and tender-crisp, adding zest in the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain and add to couscous. Stir in pepitas. In a bowl, whisk together extra honey and lemon juice and stir through couscous. Spoon couscous onto plates. Top with chicken and serve.
- Chicken and sweet chilli baguette: Thinly spread sweet chilli sauce on a baguette and top with shredded leftover chicken, cucumber, lettuce, tomato and coriander.
- Chicken, avo and couscous salad: Shred leftover chicken and toss through leftover couscous with baby spinach and diced avocado.
About this recipe
First published: August 2011