Creamy chicken and sun-dried tomato penne
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.28 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 250g penne
- 350g broccoli, cut into florets
- cooking oil spray
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained, thinly sliced
- 250g fresh low-fat ricotta
- 1 egg
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook penne according to packet instructions, adding broccoli in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain well, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Return to saucepan.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Cook chicken for 3–4 minutes, until golden. Add onion, garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes.
Step 3 Combine ricotta and egg in a bowl and mix well. Add to hot pasta and stir to coat. Add chicken mixture, spinach and zest. Toss to combine, adding a little cooking water for a sauce-like consistency.
- Artichoke and chicken pasta salad: Stir sliced marinated artichokes and basil through leftover pasta.
- Pesto chicken pasta: Stir a little pesto through warmed leftover pasta.
About this recipe
First published: August 2011