Thai red chicken curry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 7-10 mins
$3.45 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 300g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cups mixed vegetables, cut into strips (zucchini, red capsicum, carrot, green beans, broccoli, baby bok choy, etc)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 375ml can coconut-flavoured evaporated skim milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add chicken and curry paste. Cook for 2–3 minutes, until chicken is browned.
Step 2 Add onion and vegetables; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 3 In a bowl, whisk together cornflour and evaporated milk. Add to pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 1 minute.
Step 4 Remove from heat and stir through coriander. Serve with rice.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Amy Sullivan (Wollongong, NSW)
About this recipe
First published: April 2011