Mediterranean burgers with hommous and rocket
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 10 mins
$3.18 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1/2 cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup semi-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls
- 4 tablespoons low-fat hommous
- rocket, tomato slices and cucumber ribbons, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Using clean hands, mix together mince, breadcrumbs, tomatoes, onion, olives, egg and parsley into a large bowl. Form mixture into 4 patties.
Step 2 Spray a large frying pan or chargrill pan with oil and place over high heat. Cook burgers for 4–5 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking.
Step 3 To serve, spread each bread roll with 1 tablespoon hommous. Top with patty, rocket, tomato and cucumber ribbons.
Make these burgers with any type of mince: beef, lamb or chicken work well. Feel free to top burgers with extra salad.
About this recipe
First published: April 2011