Thai chicken noodle curry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
26 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 11 mins
$3.20 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 400g packet 2-minute noodles (we used Ayam 99% fat-free noodles)
- 2 cups green beans, halved
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 375ml can light coconut-flavoured evaporated milk
- 500g skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- fresh basil, roughly torn
- 3 cups green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place noodles and beans into a saucepan of boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh in a bowl of cold water. Set aside.
Step 2 Spray a frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. Add curry paste and stir, for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add evaporated milk and bring to the boil. Lower heat and add chicken. Simmer for 6–8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Add beans and noodles. Stir to heat through.
Step 3 Garnish with basil and serve with green salad.
Instead of green curry paste, use red curry paste, and garnish with fresh coriander leaves, instead of basil.
About this recipe
First published: September 2010