Low-fat hoisin chicken and noodles
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 15 mins
$3.68 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine (or use dry sherry)
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 x 250g chicken breast fillets, each cut lengthwise into 4 thin fillets (8 thin fillets total)
- 150g dried egg noodles
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Mix together hoisin, soy sauce, Chinese rice wine and ginger in a small bowl. Place chicken in a shallow non-metallic dish and coat with half the sauce mixture. Cover and marinate for 10–15 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet instructions, adding carrot and snow peas in the last minute of cooking. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
Step 3 Preheat a chargrill pan to high and spray with oil. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes each side, until cooked through. Remove and cool slightly before cutting each slice in half.
Step 4 Coat noodles, vegetables and baby spinach with remaining marinade and toss to combine. Divide noodles and veg between serving bowls, top with chicken and garnish with green onions.
About this recipe
First published: September 2010