Crumbed chicken with rocket salad and wedges
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
50 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 30 mins
$12.34 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 450g sweet potato, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup (35g) dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (35g) cashew nuts, dry toasted, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 8 (500g total) chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- cooking oil spray
- 4 cups baby rocket leaves
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1 tablespoon 100% fat-free French dressing
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place sweet potato on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden.
Step 2 Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, nuts and parsley in a bowl. Place milk into a small bowl. Dip each tenderloin into milk and then breadcrumb mixture and transfer to a plate.
Step 3 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3–4 minutes each side, until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
Step 4 Meanwhile, combine rocket, spinach, eschalots and orange in a large bowl. Whisk together dressing and mustard and pour over salad. Toss to coat. Serve chicken with salad and potato wedges.
Add a punnet of cherry tomatoes if you're still peckish, for just 40kJ more per person.
About this recipe
First published: September 2010