Creamy mushroom and spinach fettuccine
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 15 mins
$4.58 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 250g curly fettuccine
- cooking oil spray
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 800g assorted mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Philadelphia Light Cream for Cooking
- 250g baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/4 cups frozen peas
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook pasta in a large saucepan according to packet directions. Drain. Return to pan.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes, until softened. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5–7 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Step 3 Add cream, spinach and peas to pan. Stir over low heat, until warmed through. Add sauce to pasta and toss to coat.
- Low-GI pasta will help keep you satisfied for longer.
- Mushrooms provide beautiful flavour for a kilojoule bargain. Still hungry? Double the mushies for just 230kJ per person.
- Fibre is the ideal weight loss nutrient – it helps keep you full for minimum kilojoules. With a whopping 12.2g on every plate, this dinner has almost half your daily fibre requirement – not bad!
About this recipe
First published: September 2010