Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 25 mins
$3.35 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 medium red capsicum, quartered, deseeded
- 3 (18cm-diameter) wholemeal Lebanese bread rounds
- 2/3 cup reduced-salt tomato pasta sauce
- 3 zucchinis, cut into ribbons
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 artichokes, halved (we used Sandhurst’s unmarinated)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 4 (120g total) bocconcini, sliced
- green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat grill to high. Place capsicums, skin side up, on a baking tray. Grill until skin blisters (about 2 minutes). Place capsicum in a plastic bag to sweat for 5 minutes. Peel and discard skin and slice capsicum.
Step 2 Preheat oven to 160°C. Place bread on baking trays. Spread each base with sauce. Divide vegies evenly between pizza bases. Bake 15 minutes, until pizza bases are crisp.
Step 3 Scatter cheese over pizzas and bake for 2–3 minutes, until it begins to melt. Stand for 2 minutes before slicing into quarters. Divide slices between plates and serve with salad.
- Just a couple of olives will pack a flavour punch. Chop them in half to make the flavour go further.
- You can double the vegies on top of this pizza, and your meal will still qualify as low-kJ, at 1550kJ per serve.
About this recipe
First published: September 2010