Speedy roast chicken and vegetables
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 30 mins
$2.93 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons roast chicken seasoning
- 500g potato wedges (we used McCains ‘Healthy Choice’ 97% fat-free wedges)
- 3 large carrots, peeled, cut into approx 6cm lengths, quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- large green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 210°C. Spray a frying pan with oil and brown chicken over medium-high heat, 3–4 minutes each side. Remove from pan and sprinkle both sides with seasoning.
Step 2 Place chicken, potatoes and carrots on a lined baking tray. Spray carrots with oil. Bake for 20 minutes, until vegies are crispy.
Step 3 Meanwhile, combine stock and cornflour in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until gravy thickens.
Step 4 Slice chicken and serve with vegetables, gravy and salad.
Use Moroccan seasoning instead of roast chicken seasoning and sprinkle it on the roasted vegies, too. Garnish with coriander.
About this recipe
First published: October 2010