Sardine and white bean bruschetta
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
19 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 2-4 mins
$1.21 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 8 small slices multigrain sourdough bread (1cm thick)
- olive oil spray
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 105g can sardines in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat chargrill to high.
Step 2 Spray both sides of bread with oil. Chargrill for 1–2 minutes each side, or until lightly charred.
Step 3 Place beans into a bowl and roughly mash with a fork. Add sardines and roughly mash to combine. Stir through lemon juice and parsley. Spoon onto bread and serve.
You don’t have to use sourdough bread – use any type of grainy bread you like.
About this recipe
First published: October 2010