Capsicum and bean pizza
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
22 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 12 mins
$2.91 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 medium wholemeal pita breads
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/4 cups light grated cheese
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Place pita breads onto two baking trays and spread evenly with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
Step 2 Top cheese with onion, capsicums, beans and cherry tomatoes. Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until base is crisp and vegetables are tender. Garnish with basil leaves before serving.
- Use red kidney beans instead of cannellini beans, and swap the basil for coriander.
- Add a sprinkle of chilli powder for spice.
About this recipe
First published: October 2010