Moroccan beef with sweet potato rice
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 15 mins
$7.69 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 250g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 550g lean rump steak
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 250g packet microwaveable brown basmati rice
- 1/3 cup eggplant dip
- 300g baby spinach leaves
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Steam sweet potato for 15 minutes, or until tender. Add chickpeas in last 2 minutes of cooking, to warm.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place a medium frying pan over high heat. Lightly spray steak with oil, sprinkle with Moroccan spice and cook for 3–5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Step 3 Cook rice according to packet directions. Fold through sweet potato and chickpeas. Top steak slices with eggplant dip, and serve with rice and baby spinach.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free Moroccan seasoning and eggplant dip.
- If you don’t like eggplant dip, try using beetroot dip, hommous or tzatziki.
- Swap the steak for salmon for an omega-3 boost.
About this recipe
First published: November 2010