Sweet and sour pork
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 10-15 mins
$4.74 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 225g can pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- cooking oil spray
- 500g extra-lean pork scotch steaks, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas, halved
- cooked gluten-free rice noodles, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine pineapple juice, vinegar, tomato sauce, soy sauce, cornflour and 1 tablespoon cold water in a small bowl. Set aside.
Step 2 Spray a wok with oil and brown pork, in batches, over high heat for 2–3 minutes. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
Step 3 Add onion and capsicum to wok. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add pineapple. Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add sauce, snow peas and pork to wok. Stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, Serve over rice noodles.
Check the labels of your tomato sauce and soy sauce to make sure they are gluten-free. Both are available in gluten-free varieties.
About this recipe
First published: May 2010