Super-basic beef lasagne
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
50 mins, prep 5 mins, cook 45 mins
$3.03 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 600g lean beef mince
- 500g tomato-based pasta sauce (we like Raguletto red wine and basil)
- 2 1/2 cups frozen peas, corn and carrot mix
- 250g fresh lasagne sheets
- 420g reduced-salt tomato soup
- 1 1/2 cups fresh low-fat ricotta
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat grated mozzarella
- large green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly spray a large frying pan with oil and set over medium high heat. Add mince and cook for 6 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon until cooked. Add pasta sauce and simmer. Add frozen vegetables and heat through until just warm.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray an 8-cup capacity rectangular baking dish with oil and line base with lasagne sheets (enough to cover bottom). Spread over 1/3 mince mixture and top with 1/3 of tomato soup. Top with more lasagna sheets and continue layering with 1/3 mince, 1/3 sauce and lasagne sheets.
Step 3 In a small bowl, combine ricotta and milk until smooth. Spread over top of lasagna, sprinkle with cheese and cook for 30–35 minutes, until golden. Serve with a green salad.
Budget-conscious shoppers can substitute turkey mince for beef.
This is a great recipe to use up any frozen veg you have on hand.
About this recipe
First published: May 2010