Honey and ginger tofu
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
15 mins, prep 5 mins, cook 10 mins
$3.24 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat table spread
- 75g firm tofu, sliced (see note)
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced ginger
- cooking oil spray
- 1/2 cup frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1/4 red capsicum, sliced
- 2 spears asparagus, chopped
- 1/4 cup red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 cup cooked rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place honey and spread into a small bowl and microwave until spread is melted (about 10–15 seconds).
Step 2 Place tofu, honey mixture and ginger into a small bowl. Toss to coat. Cover and marinate for at least 4 hours.
Step 3 Spray a pan with oil. Cook frozen vegetables until just warm. Add fresh vegetables and kidney beans. Cook for 2–3 minutes, until heated through.
Step 4 Lower heat and add tofu and marinade. Cook until warmed. Serve with rice.
Note: for a gluten-free meal, check that the tofu is gluten-free.
Double or quadruple the recipe to make dinner for 2 or 4.
About this recipe
First published: May 2010