Chicken with roast vegies and feta
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 25 mins
$5.35 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 small fennel bulbs (400g), trimmed, cut into wedges
- 300g Dutch carrots, peeled,
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed, cut into 1.5cm thick slices
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed, chopped
- cooking oil spray
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 chicken breast fillets (500g)
- 50g low-fat feta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup torn parsley leaves
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the vegetables in a single layer on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Spray vegetables with oil and season with pepper. Roast for 25 minutes, or until tender.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and pan-fry chicken over medium heat, until cooked through.
Step 3 Place vegetables onto a serving platter and scatter with feta and parsley. Top with chicken before serving.
These vegetables also taste great with beef or lamb steaks. Fresh, chopped basil will boost the flavour.
About this recipe
First published: May 2010