Beef and mushroom stroganoff
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 25 mins
$5.15 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 400g rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 3/4 cup gluten-free salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 500g gluten-free fettuccine, cooked
- green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a frying pan with oil and cook beef over high heat for 3–4 minutes, to your liking. Transfer to a plate to keep warm.
Step 2 Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, garlic and mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until soft. Add paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in stock, tomato paste and mustard. Return beef to pan. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes, until sauce is thick and beef is cooked through.
Step 3 Stir in sour cream. Serve beef over pasta and sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve with green salad.
This recipe is always a hit – serve with regular pasta if no one in your household needs to eat gluten-free.
About this recipe
First published: May 2010