Sweet potato curry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 25 mins
$3.16 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons mild Indian curry paste
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock (gluten-free)
- 500g baby potatoes, halved
- 500g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm chunks
- 320g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 100g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat oil in a large saucepan. Cook curry paste over medium heat for 1 minute.
Step 2 Add stock, potatoes and sweet potatoes. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat. Cover and cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, until just tender.
Step 3 Mash half the kidney beans with a fork. Add whole and mashed beans to saucepan and stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
Step 4 Stir in peas, baby spinach and yoghurt and cook over medium-low heat for 2 minutes. Serve with rice.
About this recipe
First published: March 2010