Mango chicken salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 5 mins
$4.29 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 400g can mango slices in juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- cooking oil spray
- 500g skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 continental cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Dice 1/4 of mangoes. Set aside. In a food processor, process remaining mango with reserved juice. Combine mango pieces, purée, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
Step 2 Coat chicken pieces in Cajun seasoning. Spray a frying pan with oil. Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat 5–6 minutes, until cooked through.
Step 3 In a bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onion and capsicum. Drizzle with mango dressing and toss well to coat. Divide salad between 4 serving plates, top with chicken and serve immediately.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Mary Maucher (Orelia, WA)
Mary says: "Here is a recipe for a tasty, healthy salad that can be eaten warm or cold."
About this recipe
First published: March 2010