Lentil and bean curry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 5 mins, cook 25 mins
$2.70 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 400g can no-added-salt brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 250g green beans, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 400g low-fat natural yoghurt
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a saucepan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add curry paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring, until fragrant.
Step 2 Add lentils, tomatoes and ½ cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. Add beans. Cook for 3–4 minutes until tender.
Use a green curry paste for a still spicy, but slightly sweet taste. Use panang curry if you like your curry a bit milder.
About this recipe
First published: March 2010