Creamy chicken and tarragon pie
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 5 mins, cook 20-25 mins
$2.70 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1 red onion, halved, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 200g reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup skim milk
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets (about 3), cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- large green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a frying pan with oil and cook onion over medium heat until soft. Reduce heat. Add mustard, sour cream and milk and simmer for 2 minutes. Do not let mixture boil. Add chicken and tarragon. Simmer a further 5 minutes, until cooked through.
Step 2 Pour mixture into a casserole dish. Carefully scrunch filo pastry into fist-sized balls and place on top of mixture until completely covered.
Step 3 Bake for 10–15 minutes, until top of filo is golden brown.
Step 4 Serve with a green salad.
- Replace the chicken with firm white fish.
- Add in frozen corn and carrots to bump up your daily vegie quota.
About this recipe
First published: March 2010