Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, prep 5 mins, cook 15 mins
$6.44 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 200g thin Thai-style rice noodles
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 400g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup laksa paste
- 4 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 20 snow peas, trimmed
- 425g can baby corn, drained, halved
- 375ml can coconut-flavored light evaporated milk
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place noodles into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 15 minutes. Drain.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil. Cook capsicum and chicken over medium-low heat for 4–5 minutes, until golden.
Step 3 Transfer to a large saucepan, add paste and stock and bring to the boil. Add snow peas and corn and simmer for 2–3 minutes. Stir through evaporated milk.
Step 4 Divide noodles between bowls. Top with soup and garnish with onion and coriander.
Ingredients to replace
1 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil
1/2 cup laksa paste
2 cups full-fat coconut milk
3 teaspoons palm sugar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
What we did
- Replaced the coconut milk with coconut flavoured evaporated milk
- Removed the peanut oil, fish sauce and palm sugar
- Added more vegetables
Traditional version (per serve)
Total energy 3260kJ
Total fat 47.6g (29g saturated fat)
HFG version (per serve)
Total energy 1830kJ
Total fat 7.7g (2.3g saturated fat)
Add in a 1/2 cup mushrooms or bamboo shoots or top with a cup of fresh bean sprouts.
This recipe is not suitable for those following a low-sodium diet.
About this recipe
First published: March 2010