Pan-fried salmon with chickpea salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 5-10 mins
$6.39 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 400g can corn, drained
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Italian dressing
- 4 x 150g salmon steaks
- 200g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 4 cups steamed green vegetables, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 In a bowl, combine corn, onion, chickpeas, coriander and dressing. Set aside.
Step 2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Add salmon to pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
Step 3 Serve salmon with a large dollop of yoghurt, chickpea salad and steamed green vegetables.
Marinate salmon in 1 tablespoon honey and 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce for at least 10 minutes before cooking.
About this recipe
First published: July 2010