Country chicken soup
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 20 mins
$5.94 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 100g skinless chicken thigh fillet, chopped
- 1/2 x 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1/4 cup small pasta shapes
- 1 slice wholegrain bread
- 1 tablespoon shaved parmesan
- fresh basil, to serve (optional)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a saucepan with oil and cook garlic and onion over medium heat for 3−4 minutes, until golden.
Step 2 Add chicken and cook for 5−7 minutes, until browned.
Step 3 Add tomatoes, stock, 1 cup water and pasta. Bring to the boil.
Step 4 Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with wholegrain bread, parmesan and, if desired, fresh basil.
Add some cooked, chopped vegies to boost the flavour. Toss in carrots, celery, potatoes, leeks or corn. This soup keeps well so make a big batch and store it in the fridge or freezer.
This recipe is not suitable for those following a low-sodium diet. A homemade stock will reduce the salt content.
About this recipe
First published: July 2010