Spicy Singapore noodles
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 10 mins
$5.91 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 500g frozen peeled medium green prawns, thawed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Chinese cabbage (wombok)
- 3 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 350g Singapore noodles, cooked, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat half the oil in a wok. Cook prawns over high heat for 2–3 minutes, or until just cooked.Transfer to a plate.
Step 2 Heat remaining oil. Cook ginger, garlic, capsicum, carrot and cabbage for 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in curry powder.
Step 3 Add noodles, prawns and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, or until heated through. Serve sprinkled with thinly sliced green onions, if desired.
Replace the prawns with 500g of white fish, such as perch or ling.
About this recipe
First published: January 2010