Full ingredients list:
- 600g lean rump steak, sliced
- cooking oil spray
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 punnet baby corn, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 4 cups steamed jasmine rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a non-stick wok with oil. Over high heat, cook beef for 3–4 minutes, until browned. Remove and set aside.
Step 2 Return wok to heat. Cook vegies with 2 tablespoons water for 2 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
Step 3 Return beef to wok and add sweet chilli, soy sauce and lime juice. Heat through, tossing to coat. Serve with steamed rice.
Super shortcut: use a stir-fry vegie mix from the supermarket.
Using sweet, kid-friendly vegies means everyone will eat up.
About this recipe
First published: January 2010