Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 15 mins
$3.33 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 350g wholemeal spaghetti
- 200g snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, thinly sliced
- cooking oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup semi-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat cream
- ground black pepper, to taste
- basil leaves, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook pasta according to packet instructions, adding the snow peas and asparagus in the last 2 minutes. Drain well.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and cook garlic and onions for 1 minute over medium heat, then add tomatoes and wine. Simmer until wine is reduced by half. Add cream and simmer for a further 1–2 minutes, or until thickened.
Step 3 Toss hot pasta with sauce and season with pepper. Divide pasta between 4 bowls and garnish with fresh basil.
Super shortcut: Use frozen or fresh pre-cut vegies in any combination you like.
- Basil provides vitamin A, magnesium and antioxidants. Use it liberally!
- Semi-dried tomatoes add antioxidant-packed flavour.
- Wholemeal pasta packs three times the fibre.
About this recipe
First published: January 2010