Zesty summer pasta
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 10 mins
$3.64 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 400g spaghetti
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons baby capers, rinsed
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (you’ll need 2 large lemons)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, as per packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
Step 2 In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add hot pasta and toss until well combined. Serve immediately.
Replace tuna with cooked, shredded chicken and use couscous instead of spaghetti to cut down on prep time.
About this recipe
First published: February 2010