Tangy drumsticks with couscous salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 5 mins, cook 15-20 mins
$3.24 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 8 chicken drumsticks (470g), skin removed, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons tomato chutney
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Couscous salad
- 1 1/2 cups reduced salt chicken stock, boiling
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons diced piquillo peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Make several deep cuts in the fleshy end of each drumstick and place them in a large non-metallic bowl. Combine chutney, steak sauce and honey in a shallow dish. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 1 hour, or overnight.
Step 2 Make Couscous salad: combine chicken stock and couscous in a large bowl. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork. Add onions, piquillo peppers, walnuts and mint. Stir well to combine.
Step 3 Barbecue or grill drumsticks for 10–15 minutes.
Step 4 Serve drumsticks immediately with couscous salad.
About this recipe
First published: February 2010