Chargrilled chicken citrus salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
41 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 26 mins
$5.27 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 6 thick slices (about 250g) ciabatta bread, torn into chunks
- cooking oil spray
- 400g skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled, segmented
- 1/3 cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- 300g baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey, warmed
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper, to taste
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place bread on a baking tray and spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a non-stick pan with oil and cook chicken breasts over medium heat for 3 minutes each side, or until completely cooked through.
Step 3 Make Dressing: Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
Step 4 Toss together oranges, pine nuts, spinach and bread. Divide among serving plates, top with chicken and drizzle with dressing.
About this recipe
First published: February 2010