Beef and broccoli stir-fry with plum sauce
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
22 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 12 mins
$4.93 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 400g eye fillet beef steak, halved horizontally, sliced diagonally into strips
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 125g green beans, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1/3 cup plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- steamed rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Swirl 1 teaspoon oil in a wok and place over high heat. Cook meat, in 4 batches, for 2 minutes per batch. Remove to a plate.
Step 2 Add remaining oil to wok and stir-fry onion for 1 minute. Add broccoli and beans and stir-fry 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon water. Cover wok for 1 minute to steam.
Step 3 Mix together plum sauce and soy sauce. Return beef to wok with plum sauce mixture and heat through. Serve with rice.
Swap the rice for mash and serve with pork chops instead of stir-fried beef for a modern take on meat and three veg.
About this recipe
First published: February 2010