Spicy pork tacos with green chilli salsa
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 10 mins
$5.73 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 450g lean pork steaks
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 5 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 400g can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1/2 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 8 light flour tortillas, warmed
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 In a bowl, toss pork with chilli, 2 teaspoons cumin, oil and half the lime juice. Set aside.
Step 2 Make salsa: mix beans, avocado, tomatoes, onion and chilli with the remaining cumin and lime juice in a bowl. Set aside.
Step 3 Spray a frying pan with oil. Cook pork over medium-high heat for about 3–4 minutes each side, until cooked. Rest before slicing. Divide pork between tortillas and top with salsa to serve.
- Make it vegetarian: Use tofu instead of pork.
- If you don’t like chilli, replace it with roasted red capsicum.
About this recipe
First published: December 2010